Ice Melted Sencha
This is such a delicious and refreshing way to drink high-quality Japanese green teas such as Sencha or Gyokuro. It is easy and well worth the wait. You will be amazed at how rich and ultra-smooth tea steeped this way is, and it is fun to do.
- Put 1.5 tablespoons of Sencha or Gyokuro tea leaves into a small 9 ounce capacity Japanese-style Kyusu teapot (such as Tokoname).
- Fill the teapot with small pieces of ice.
- Set the teapot aside and allow the ice to melt at room temperature.
- When the ice has thawed, your tea is ready to drink.
- Pour the tea into a small pitcher. Swirl the tea in the pitcher, then serve it in small porcelain or glass teacups. Enjoy!